Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Back From Oz and I Ain't Dorothy

Friends, it has been a long strange road, but I'm back, and I promise to be more outrageous than ever. Where have I been? For the last few months I've been in a dream where I am campaigning for local office, taking on a candidate backed by the Van Trapp family and managed by Up With People. Seriously. Small town politics have never been creepier. At any time I expected to see Kevin McCarthy running down Main Street crying out.."They're here! Listen to me, they're everywhere!!!" And in the center of the dream? A diminutive man with a little well-manicured hands and an unsettling smile reminiscent of one of Willy Wonka's helpers.

And when I woke up, I was grinning, and that can't be a good thing. I only wish I were a team player. Look for future posts, and look out for the pods..I understand they can be anywhere. In your back yard. In your basement. In your local political party.

Next? I go to a poetry reading. You won't want to miss this.


4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

A poetry reading? Man you could get seriously cut there. And paper cuts are nasty. HOpe you survive. :)

Stewart Sternberg said...

Oh I survived...and ready to write about it.

Joe Ponepinto said...

Welcome to the club. You, me, and Gray Davenport makes 3. Politics will never be the same.

Steve Buchheit said...

Wait, that fever dream is over? Or has it gone into a deeper, infectious stage?