Monday, August 15, 2011

Coming October...

I grew up with The Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, and The Outer Limits. These anthology shows gave us classic stories from the likes of Richard Matheson, Ray Bradbury, Charles Beaumont, and Harlan Ellison. The writing was often crisp and the stories bits of carefully crafted heaven. The episodes didn't always work, and not all anthologies gave us memorable stories. I think Tales of the Crypt was uneven, and Hammer's House of Horror was too often derivative.

Still, I love horror and science fiction anthologies and look forward to FX's upcoming series American Horror Story. I say this even though it is created by the people who gave us Glee, and even though early word of it is that the show goes for shocks over tone and content. So enjoy the trailers, which are well done, and let me know what you think. Maybe Rod Serling is no longer with us, but perhaps this new series can evolve into something worthy of his memory.





2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I have hopes for this as well. I will definitely watch it

Steve Buchheit said...

Not sure of the camera/video work, but love how the sound of typing turns into the sound of fire on the last one.