Sunday, September 19, 2010

October? Must Be Time For CONCLAVE

Yes, I will be attending the upcoming Conclave. For those who may be attending, and by chance passing by this blog, I urge you to step up to me and say: "Hello, Stewart. Oh, hey...here's twenty dollars!" Although I may urge this, I'll be just as happy if you say hello and don't give me the money. Okay, maybe not as happy.

So, what panels will I be doing this time? Well, if Charles Zaglanis is to be believed, I'll be participating in those below. If you show up, I promise a surprise. And if you come to my author's reading, I have something extra in mind. Hint....no, no hint. Show up.

Podcasting for Fun and Profit
11:30am Ballroom 5 Daniel J. Hogan, William Jones, Stewart Sternberg

Writing Groups, Workshops and You
3:00pm Ballroom 5 Stewart Sternberg, Charles P. Zaglanis, Christian Klaver, Christine Purcell

Author Reading: Stewart Sternberg Saturday 6:30pm Ballroom 5

Monsters of Today: Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies 
9:30pm Ballroom 5 William Jones, Stewart Sternberg, Lois Gresh, Tim Curran
Writing Your First Novel
10:00am Ballroom 5 William Jones, Stewart Sternberg, Tyree Campbell, Lois Gresh, Tim Curran


Mercenary Wordsmiths
1:00pm Ballroom 5 William Jones, Stewart Sternberg, Lois Gresh, Tyree Campbell

9 comments:

Jon said...

"Ooo, ooo, Mister Steinberger? I have a question!! In Star Reach, Season 3, Episode 11, "A Fulcrum for Antares," would you say that the Antarians were foreshadowing of the child vampires that later appeared in the series, "Fluffy: Keeper of the Silver Stake?"

Sidney said...

I haven't been to a con in ages. Sounds like that will be a good one.

Stewart Sternberg said...

You can make all the fun of fans that you want to Jon, and I count myself among them. But I'd rather be at a convention any day than at a "literary gathering" where poetry is read by adults still struggling to overcome their high school experience. At least I'll be around genre enthusiasts trying to overcome their high school experience. Myself included.

Sid...it will be a fun weekend, if only because it is a chance to get away.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd probably enjoy that immensely, especially stealing all the money you get given to you that way.

AvDB said...

If I could make it, I wouldn't give you twenty bucks, but I'd buy you twenty bucks' worth of drinks, just to see what would happen. I'm thinking it would be a good investment.

Jon said...

I make fun of everything, especially literary poets...and myself.

Steve Buchheit said...

Wanted to make it back there this year. Will probably be curled up in a fetal position instead. I need to save up for World Fantasy. Hope you all have fun.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Steve, look for me at World Fantasy. Avery, I'll do something outrageous in your name.

AvDB said...

Photo-documented, of course?