Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Penguicon...Really? Yep!!!

What do "Digital Storytelling", "Writing Groups--How To Start and Keep One Running" , "Non-Obvious Reflections of Contemporary Culture in Science Fiction" and "The Emergence of the Female Superhero" have in common????

Me!

Yes, it must be convention time...and your's truly will be on the above panels and annoying fellow writers and fans at other events during the upcoming Penguicon April 30-May 1. at the Troy Marriott.

Also in attendance will be such luminaries as William Jones, Patrick Rothfuss, Spider and Jeanne Robinson, and numerous other folks including Cherie Priest, The Ferrett, Jim C. Hines, Daniel Hogan, and many others whom I am looking forward to seeing again or meeting for the first time. Seriously, there's going to be a horde of interesting people coming together and some serious gaming fun. The organizers have done a great job of creating an interesting and exciting event with something different happening constantly.

8 comments:

Sullivan McPig said...

Have fun!
I wish they had conventions like that over here too.

Charles Gramlich said...

That pic is worth a thousand posts.

Christine Purcell said...

See you there! Just trying to decide which of my geeky T-shirts to wear!

Jon said...

Hey! Maybe I can make it too! Will there be furries? I'll mark whiskers on my face and go as The Ferret. No furries? Then no whiskers...but I'll still be mistaken for The Ferret.

SQT said...

Oh how I wish I could go. I'm a huge fan of both Patrick Rothfuss and Cherie Priest-- and I'd love to meet you in person too.

Avery DeBow said...

I just heard about Peguicon from Patrick Rothfuss' page. I'd never heard of it before. I love the notion of the "Geeks with guns" outing.

Jon said...

Good grief! I just read through the list of celebrities and there was The Ferret! I didn't know. Please forgive me Ferret, I knew not what I did.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Thanks all...I promise a good time for anyone who attends. I'll even keep my clothes on