Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Late Night Conversation



The following conversation was overheard late in the evening as I drowsed in a chair. I recall three distinct voices.

"Dad, the cat is crying for food. You should feed her."
"You don't give a damn about the cat. You only want to steal her food."
"That's not true."
"Mr. Svelte."
"It's glandular."
"Smell my butt."
"Dad, the cat."
"Shut up."
"Dad?"
"Do you think he's dead?"
"What?"
"Dad. Do you think he's dead? If he died, who would feed us?"
"What? What the hell? Shut up."
"I'm just saying."
"Smell my butt."
"You shut up, too. Quit saying that."
"Dad?"
"Dad?"
"No, look...he's still breathing."
.
.
.
.
"Maybe we should kill him."

10 comments:

Christina said...

This leaves much to question, seeing as you are a bit of a mysterious man.

Either way, I'd be a little frightened of the one who wants to kill dad.

Kathy G said...

I LOVE the innocent looks on all the involved parties. Surely they wouldn't cause any trouble>

willow said...

They do look a little on the guilty side, heh-heh.

Your new header scared me! Is that you? :^)

SQT said...

Nah they wouldn't kill dad. Who'd feed them then?

Jon said...

Just goes to prove that dogs can indeed plan ahead.

Bernita said...

~having fits of giggles~

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like your pets are gunning for you. Thank goodness they don't have opposable thumbs.

Steve Buchheit said...

Just be glad they didn't start the whole "Wait till Marvin comes" routine.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Thanks all for the comments. Yes, they look innocent, but I think we all know better. And Willow, it is me and I am scary. Steve? It's Godot not Marvin who scares me.

L.A. Mitchell said...

It's so funny...from the picture I can almost tell which one said what :) Very cute.