Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dressing Up

There are certain costumes we just don't want to see around Halloween.
First and foremost, anything racist or misogynist. How many times have I seen people attend a party and look at the event as an excuse to exercise bad taste? It's one thing when some idiot attends a private party, but sometimes they actually set example for children. This has gotten worse in the last few years as adult costumes have become more and more inappropriate. Now, I'm not one to shy away from bad taste, but I do tend to hold up my nose at boorishly bad or unimaginative. I was going to post a photo of a toddler wearing a costume with a bloody alien erupting from its chest, but even I couldn't go there.
So instead, here are three tasteless masks and costumes that I CAN show...










10 comments:

Akasha Savage said...

Oh.My.God. That Michael Jackson one is just tooooo spooky!
And someone blow up that horrible little kid and get rid of that awful grin! (...er...only joking...only joking!!) :D

Steve Buchheit said...

And now they make a "sexy" line of costumes for pets, which I find even more disturbing.

Charles Gramlich said...

egads, Michael, we hardly knew ye.

Christina said...

OMG! I don't even know what to say. Disturbing.

Stewart Sternberg said...

AKASHA
The kid's grin...that would be enough. The explosion would be superfluous
STEVE
I wish I didn't know this. Now I have to go searching.
CHARLES
Yeah...hmmmm.
CHRISTINA
Good response. And appropriate.

willow said...

Yes, troubling, all three.

Rick said...

Those costumes will give me nightmares even while I'm out monster hunting!

SQT said...

The Michael Jackson one certainly is tasteless-- though I get it.

I had hoped to go to a costume party this year but my friends decided to have it on Halloween and I gotta take the kids trick-or-treating. I've never done the sexy-costume thing. Never felt comfortable. I like creative costumes. I wanted to go as Elle Driver this year; from Kill Bill. Nurse costume, eye patch and sword. That would have been cool.

Charles P. Zaglanis said...

I dunno, a chest burster comong out of a kid sounds pretty cool to me. : )

I have to agree with SQT. Halloween parties on Halloween-probably not a good idea. (poke poke)

Stewart Sternberg said...

WILLOW,
I'm a troubled soul
CHUCK,
I think I agree with you and SQT
SQT
Kill Bill was one of the best.
RICK
When you are off hunting Large Feet, think of me.