Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Confess



William Jones is running a contest on his blog regarding the upcoming Tales Out Of Miskatonic University. He is offering a prize for people who guess who is going to be part of this anthology. If you want details, I suggest going to his blog.

That being said, I will fess up and announce that my story "At The Pillars of Canaan" will also be in the anthology by Mythos Books. I can't tell you much about it at this time, other than to say it gets filed under "extra-curricular" activities in the Miskatonic directory.


And while I am making one announcement, I will also allow myself a small smile for having been noted in The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror by Ellen Datlow. and Kelly Link...Honorable Mention for THE OTHERS in Elder Sign Press' "HIGH SEAS CTHULHU". Honorable mention aint much. But its worth a smile.


12 comments:

Sidney said...

Congrats! That's great news.

Rick said...

Yes, congratulations, Stewart. Last year's honorable mentions received Ferraris. But the economy the way it is...

Will Kinshella said...

Congrats on that one for both you and Chuck! You guys both deserve it.

That reminds me! I never did thank you for signing that copy of " Frontier Cthulhu" for me. (Nice signature by the way) So thanks for that, Mr. Sternberg!

SQT said...

Wow Stu, that's great!

L.A. Mitchell said...

Never pass up an opportunity to announce things to celebrate in this industry. They're too few and far between. Many congrats on both :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool on the honorable mention. that's definitely a nice honor.

See you at Miskatonic.

Travis said...

Congrats!

Donnetta Lee said...

Hey, Stew! Honorable mention IS mention! Good for you. I think it's just great. D

Lana Gramlich said...

Congrats on the story & the honorable mention. :)

Stewart Sternberg said...

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR CONGRATS AND SUPPORT. I HOPE TO HAVE MORE NEWS IN THE NEAR FUTURE. UNTIL THEN....LETS ALL KEEP WRITING. EVEN RICK.

Virginia Lady said...

Congratulations! That's great!

Steve Buchheit said...

Woohoo! Sorry for the lateness, but still, Woohoo! That goes in the bragging column.