Thursday, December 20, 2007

THERE AND BACK

Every couple years I tend to slip into a reclusive state. I stay home, read, and try and avoid as much contact with the outside world as possible. When in this state, I tend to avoid the internet and become negligent in returning email. Friends who have known me for a long time tend nod their heads and mumble: "Here he goes again." Some friends give me space and some try and drag me out of my hole.

Since I am writing here, I would say it's a safe bet that I am starting to emerge from hibernation. To those who have wondered what happened to me, that is about all the useful explanation I can offer. I'm not saying I've entirely sluiced loose the cocoon, but it has serious cracks in it.

So, let me dust off the keyboard and reclaim my address at the HOUSE OF STERNBERG.

11 comments:

Vwriter said...

Welcome back, friend.

So now can you change your link to my blog to say "a friend who updates his blog at least once a year?" Huh? Please?

And remember Baudelaire's comment that "We retreat to silence to bring forth beauty, profundity, and the National Engquirer."

spyscribbler said...

Yay! Welcome back!

SQT said...

As long as you're okay I'm happy.

DesLily said...

I know I don't comment much but I do read your blog.. after a while I was concerned.. then worried. I tend to think I actually know those writing the blogs!

I'm glad you are ok and feeling better.. welcome back!

Stewart Sternberg said...

Thank you all for your concern. It's either a reflection of mental illness or eccentricity. I prefer to think myself an eccentric.

It's good to be back and to be writing once again.

Charles Gramlich said...

Welcome back. I get very reclusive when I'm off work too, although that doesn't extend to internet. I avoid leaving my house as much as possible, though.

Travis said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've been know to do the same to the outside world.

So welcome back.

Sidney said...

Good to see you resurfacing. I was afraid you'd been abducted by aliens. Or Wayne Sallee. Those may not be mutually exclusive.

Pythia3 said...

I do the same thing - I GET IT.
It's a healthy and a REAL thing to do.
Again, I've said it before . . . I'm honored to know you Mr Stewart Sternberg.

seventh sister said...

Welcome back.

Carol said...

You know, I do this too and quite often. I wish my people would simply nod there heads and accept that this is a much needed nourishment that enriches my spirit...and not something that I need recuing from.