Saturday, November 10, 2007

Time For Rick To Rethink His Avatar


Author Ferrell Moore, a friend and critic, who never updates his blog, and who provides all manner of smug and erudite commentary (designed to bait the gullible) has had this white cat as his avatar.

I think it's time he changes it. It's not that I dislike cats (I do, but that's irrelevant), it's just that I don't think this particular image suits his personality.

And speaking of avatars, I think it's time for Jon Zech to try another as well. Here's Jon's:


See what I mean? Smug. Self-satisfied. Over-confident. You want to just take a magic marker and draw Groucho eyebrows and glasses all over the picture. Good thing I love this guy.

Another avatar begging to be changed? SQT.

Don't defend her. Mystique is an interesting image. It begs for a closer look. But I want something raw. I want something that screams at me, a rage, a fury, an explosion of personality that erupts like a volcano.

Yeah. I could toss up a few more. Charles and his motorcycle (yawn), Jim Miller's Cartman, Pythia's nymph....but I think my point is made and well taken. Time for a change.

Now, I know, there will be some people who will jump to the defense of the cat and the smarmy guy, and they'll do it by attacking "THE CULT OF STERNBERG". Okay. Well, attack away, because in a day or two, I'll practice what I preach and put my new image up. Something that reflects the wry, gentle man with a heart of gold that all who know me come to love. No. Seriously.

23 comments:

M@ said...

i liked the cat

Lucas Pederson said...

Yes! Time for a change!
As for myself...I have taken down my Simpson character and now it just says...My Photo. That's right, I'm one original fella! I'll have to try something else here, probably. We shall see what sort of horror I can dredge up from my photo album. We shall see.

Kate S said...

Pfft.

I like the cat, Jon & Sqt. Yours, too, for that matter. Funny, I can't recall pythia's nymph off the top of my head. Leave Charles' motorcycle out of it. Though I was sorry when Sidney got rid of his Simpson character. I liked that one.

Mine needs changed as well, but I'm too lazy.

Stewart Sternberg said...

m@ the cat has to go. This isn't up for discussion. Lucas...can't wait to see what you come up with. And Kate? Don't you Pfft me.

Kate S said...

Pfffffffffffffffftttttttttttttt. :P

Franki said...

That's not a real photo of SQT?!

spyscribbler said...

I adore the cat!

I miss my old tkd girl avatar. I think I'm going back soon.

miller580 said...

The kitty must go!

Charles Gramlich said...

That motorcycle is dead now and you would have me remove it from the picture? Care you nought for the feelings of the machine?

Stewart Sternberg said...

Yeah, Charles...get rid of it. Time to move on. Time to take a picture of yourself posing as Elvis. Or better yet, decked up for Mardi Gras.

SQT said...

Yes Franki, that is a true likeness. I refuse to be suppressed!

SQT said...

And blue skin doesn't show an "explosion of personality?" I'm at a complete loss.

Lana said...

Charles' pic doesn't make me yawn, but it DOES remind me of cleaning various ghastly wounds at various times. I WISH it made me yawn! <:\

Vwriter said...

You have the loveliest, kindest, and most thoughtful readers, Stewart. Especially those that like the cat.

By the way, I laughed so hard when I saw this posting that I actually woke up the cat.

You're an evil man, Sternberg, and insidiously clever, too.

Which is why we all like you.

Vwriter said...

Jon, your Avatar has that "Oceans 11" look to it.

Sqt- my kids think you have the coolest Avatar going.

And Spyscribbler, as a martial arts enthusiast of many years, much as I love the innocence of your current Avatar, I'm always glad to see another martial emblem (especially since I started in TKD)!

Kate s, the neighbor kid said your Avatar looks like magic dancing.

miller580 will be cursed by the Cat People of lower Brazil.

Charles looks like the road warrior most men wish they could be.

And Stewart, I like your Avatar so much I just might pay for you to trademark it!

Jon said...

I would have updated with a more recent picture but I thought I'd wait until my hair grew back.

Maybe I should post a pic of Oogie the Long Haired Daschound. Or Buster Crabbe.

Pythia3 said...

How about this one for a week or two?

Pythia3 said...

or this one?

Pythia3 said...

no, this one's too Medusa

Pythia3 said...

I love this, even though she isn't a Pythia, she's so autumn and that apple says it all!
If you don't like this one then come with me to the avatar store and I'll try some more on...but you're buying.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Ummmm....I vote for the Medusa look

SQT said...

So Stu, where's your new look?

ShadowFalcon said...

sorry but I think mystique is dead cool but then having a marvel Avatar myself I might be a tad bias