Tuesday, October 02, 2007

See Ya At The Conclave

On October 13th, Elder Signs Press will be hosting a coming out party for "High Seas Cthulhu" at the Conclave 32 Convention in Romulus, Michigan. Conclave is the place where I had my first experience with that group of people who call themselves the "furries" because they dress up as cute, fuzzy little animals. I can't explain it past that. The convention is also an great place to immerse oneself in the fantasy fan and gaming subculture. I'm looking forward to it.

One thing which will be a first experience for me is to be present for a book signing. Several writers who contributed to the anthology will be available for a "meet and greet" and to autograph copies of "High Seas Cthulhu".

6 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Stewart, you look like a furry from the neck up. At the conventions I go to, people dress like Green Lanterns. Glad this is your first meet and greet (here we call it grip and grin).

Charles Gramlich said...

I saw a wicked little CSI on "furries" and the kind of kinky things they get up to. If I were you I'd stay out of a pack of them.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Green Lanterns..that would rock. I'll grip and grin it with the best of them Wayne. Chuck, I've heard more people mention that episode since I brought up the topic of "furries".

Harmless though they may be, they bring out my dark side.

Franki said...

I saw some HBO show on furries. That's quite a fetish. I couldn't stop thinkin about how hot they must get in those costumes. Also stopped me from letting my children go to Chuck E. Cheese.

Jon said...

First lines from Double Wide Cthulu, "Well hell, there's your problem Louise! You've got a goddamn squid in your toilet!"

SQT said...

Also stopped me from letting my children go to Chuck E. Cheese.


Oh dear, I hadn't thought about that....