Monday, August 27, 2007

Heading Back



Summer is drawing to a close, and with it my freedom. It also means I'll have to leave the Tigers and let them just figure things out in the bullpen. I know Leyland will be devastated, but if they had listened to me in the first place and done something in the off season about the pitching squad and not just picked up Jose Mesa, or picked up a fresh arm before the trade deadline at the end of July, they wouldn't be so upset about seeing me head off to school.

5 comments:

Christina said...

This really does mark the start of the school year, doesn't it? It all seems to fall into place, the shorter daylight hours, the sudden change of weather, sports switching for the season, etc.

All I can say is: I can't wait for Halloween.

Christina said...

Oh, I wanted to ask, do you get Labor Day off? We were talking about it and wondering if it is a day teachers get to enjoy or if there are meetings and other things filling that time that makes it less than a nice day off.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Christina, in Michigan they decided the kids wont go back until AFTER Labor Day. The idea is to encourage tourism. Teachers? I'm leaving here in about ten minutes (it's six thirty am) to go to an inservice and then I have another inservice tomorrow. After that, the next time I report is Tuesday. Well, actually, I'll be there Thursday too. Dammit

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah, I believe that.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

used to be that way, too, o great one. i was always pissed because my birthday came on the first few days of school.