Sunday, August 26, 2007

Halo 3, World of Warcraft, and Fantasy Football

Halo 3 is coming out in a week and yet I still do not own an XBOX360.

You're going to hear a lot about this game. It will receive the same media blitz as a big feature motion picture. Of course it probably doesn't need a such massive promotion; it's already presold a million copies. For a game, that is astonishing. It's likely that Microsoft's Halo 3 will challenge several records. To put it in perspective, "Spiderman 3" made 150 million in its first weekend. Microsoft is hoping to make 155 million in one day's sales.

Is it worth it? I can't review Halo 3, but I can tell you that based on the first two games, yeah..it probably will be. The first was astonishing. It had amazing graphics, magnificent gameplay, and a story that unrolled to envelop the gamer, building to a wonderful climax. The second game was as exciting graphically, but the story stuttered a little and just as it built to a climax in what should have been an ultimate battle, Microsoft cheated and left gamers hanging. A cliffhanger wouldn't have been too horrible if the game hadn't been too short.

The third in the series promises to utilize the XBOX's amazing processor as well as deliver a more compelling story than the second title. I want this game. But I'll probably hold off on buying an XBOX360 for a few more months.

In the meantime? Need you ask? World of Warcraft? Well maybe ... but as September approaches so does fantasy football. And in a year where I have a lineup of Eli Manning, Larry Johnson, Javon Walker, Clinton Portis, Braylon Edwards, The Chargers' Defense and David Akers kicking, let's just say I'm hoping to be competitive.

So that's it...the gaming continues, but I promise that with the school year approaching, I'll be gaming less and less.

It's probably a good thing I don't own that XBOX360

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've figured I would love Halo. Thus I refuse to allow myself to have it. I waste enough time as it is. Maybe it's a Catholic thing.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Halo, the original game IS a religious experience. Don't buy it, Charles. You'll never write again. Or at least not for a while.

Asara said...

Oh Lord. We -do- own a 360, and hubby has been panting over Halo 3 ever since the release date was announced. He forwarded me the link to the Amazon.com preorder listing in the middle of a gazillion GASP OMG!!! Besides WoW we have Guitar Hero 2 to pass the time until September.. our house is a very loud place these days!

SQT said...

Gosh Stu, I wish I had a 360 to give you.

I don't play games so I just can't relate.

Travis said...

When I was in line to get my copy of Harry Potter last month - yes I did the midnight thing, it was the last book after all - the people around me were saying that it was one of two major "deals" of this year.

The second? Halo 3 in September.

My company has a tie-in to the release of the game and we have all lost our minds trying to make sure we hit deadlines.

wonderpunts said...

For World of Warcraft Cheats, World of Warcraft Dupes, WoW gold cheats, World of Warcraft Bots, World of Warcraft Guides, and Walkthroughs click here

World of Warcraft Gold Guide said...

wow gold guide