Tuesday, August 21, 2007

ASSIGNMENT: LEARNING CURVE

In the last few weeks I've made numerous postings about writing, mostly dealing with business prospects. Maybe it's time for something a little interactive.

With the coming of September, this blog will take on a more regular posting schedule. To get that underway and to return to the purpose of this blog, to force me to keep focused on the mechanics of writing as well as the business aspects of craft, I am setting up a writing assignment for myself. Of course, this means that anyone who wishes to join along is welcome to send along a link via email to an entry on their website and I will post it on Tuesday, August 28 so people can read, enjoy, critique, comment and what have you.

The assignment? Education, of course. Whether it is an essay, an anecdote, a short story, or a poem..it should deal with the experience of learning. If you're doing a short story, then the suggested title: Learning Curve.

(picture from strangecosmos.com)

8 comments:

spyscribbler said...

If you'd said a rant was allowed, I'd be there, LOL. If I had time, that is! Good luck with it. I'm looking forward to it!

Kate S said...

Hmmm.... education... you mean that there learnin stuff? Never had much time for it myself.

Must ponder.

Any type of learning experience?

Stewart Sternberg said...

Any type of learning experience. The blossoming of awareness. The element of discovery that is often a passage.
Now quit whinin' Kate, you're the reason I posted this.

Lucas Pederson said...

Yikes!
Okay...I'm a bit busy at the moment. We're moving into a new house, I just got a new job at John Deere, I got a series going on my blog right now I hate to interupt, and everything feels like it's in a tailspin right now. I'm not sure if I'll make this one, but I'll try. There's always that. Like anyone wants to read what I have to say about education anyway, right?
Although....

Pythia3 said...

A poem, uh? really now? Well, let's see...now that you've made that an option, I probably can't write one. It figures.

Jon said...

Interesting idea. I'll work on it. But by the 28th? Never happen. Put it off a week?

Stewart Sternberg said...

Tuesday is not a hard deadline...I wont do a posting until Wed or Thursday

spyscribbler said...

Um, can we turn in our assignments two months late? I finally did one, LOL ...