Thursday, February 01, 2007

THE END TIMES



I know I promise not to get political on this blog, but I have to comment on this. Or maybe, I'll just post the story and let it speak for itself. If you're a conservative Republican, God love ya, please don't take offense at what follows.

A press release issued today by the Landmark Legal Foundation announced that the group has nominated nationally syndicated radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.

The group's President, Mark R. Levin, said Limbaugh had been nominated for his "nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all humankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin."

According to the release, Rush Limbaugh serves as an unpaid member of Landmark's Board of Advisors.

Rush Limbaugh...Nobel Prize? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Obviously the Landmark is a right wing group of whackos...who have received money from the likes of Exxon. And imagine this, Ken Starr has ties to this group. Hmmm. But all that being said, if Rush can be nominated, then I want to be nominated for a Nobel Prize.

By the way, the above picture is me and Rush having a Brokeback Mountain moment at a halloween party. Rush is standing on a box, he's really not that tall. Cute little man. I found that he sweat a lot though.

16 comments:

SQT said...

((blink))

DesLily said...

maybe the Pharmaceutical company who made his "pills" backed him

Bird on a Wire said...

"nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all humankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin"

??!!

I don't know what to say.

Sidney said...

This news is from an alternate universe right?

Kate S said...

Maybe I can comment once my eyebrows slide back into place. I think they're on the back of my head right now they went so high so fast. When I find them, I'll let you know.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Rush has helped spread the love. Remember his unmasking of Michael J. Fox? How about his popularizing the term Feminazi? That's Nobel Prize material to me.

Turnbaby said...

LOL Stewart ! I thought you would at least have to have tequila to 'go there' with Rush. Oh My

Smiling. Laughing. snickering.

mist1 said...

Where's my Nobel prize? I want one too.

Holly Kennedy said...

I'm a few posts behind everyone (working on a deadline for this 3rd novel is killing me). Given that, I'm commenting here re: your story about TANK.

Also, as a Canadian neck-deep in a whole other set of political issues, I'm not the best person to comment on this current post.

Re: Tank.... HOLY #@%! That's an eerie, but raw and beautifully told short piece, Stewart. I loved it! You could explode that into a Stephen King-like novel.

You should, you know.

Danny Tagalog said...

Can't you use your pen to magic rush away? I know you can do it.

Lee said...

Oh, I've already written his acceptance speech.

Susan Miller said...

You as the cactus. You are incredibly fun! I will not make any comments on the absurdity of your post. It must mean the end is near.

Avery said...

Sneaky underhandedness to control the U.S. population is so out. The new in is to fling increasingly insane bullshit at us until we're numbed into complacency.

I can feel it working already...

Stewart Sternberg said...

SQT, deslily, bird, sidney, kate, turnbaby, mist, holly, danny, lee, susan avery....I just will accept these kudos as mega-dittos.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Where's my pain killers? Where's my oxycontin?

miller580 said...

At first I was shocked by this, then I thought any right wing whacko can get nominated. If he wins...then and only then will I be convinced that these are in fact the end times and that Nostrodomos was right all along!