Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Assignment: Head Rush


HELLO MEMBERS OF THE BAY AREA WRITER'S GROUP. Hi John, Jon, Kelly, Brad, Lindy, Phyllis, Mary, Jim, and Marcia...and those who may not be around in body but in spirit. I just wanted to be able to leave an assignment. The assignment below is of course not just for the group but for anyone who wishes to participate.

Writing Assignment. DUE: Thursday, January 11.

Using first person narration from the gender perspective oppposite your own, write seven hundred words about unrequited love using the title: HEAD RUSH. And just to make it more interesting, your character must have some deformity, imagined or otherwise.

As with other assignments, if I receive an email from you with a link to the assignment, I will post all the links at once so people may read what others have done and offer comment. Please hold off sending me the email links until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I will be posting a couple remainders.

13 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

I'll see what I can come up with.

SQT said...

I may have to try this one too.

ShadowFalcon said...

Interesting assignment, I look forward to reading the results

Susan Miller said...

Oh my gosh!!!

Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

Why does that photo make me think of Led Zeppelin?

Crunchy Carpets said...

EEEEUUUUUUOOOOOF....

That is a toughie..

Gotta go think about that one.

Christina Rundle said...

Okay, this one is going to be harder, but I'm going to take a swing at it.

gem said...

Very cool writing assignment. Not sure I can do it this week, but I'm definitely thinking about it. Thanks!

Pythia3 said...

Wow . . . I'm speachless. I sure hope I get over problem that soon.

Ormondroyd's Encyclopedia Esoterica said...

I suppose it would be too simple to have Quasimodo and Esmerelda singing about "My hump, my hump..."

Crunchy Carpets said...

OEE....snort!

Stewart Sternberg said...

I am sure whatever writing this exercises produces will be excellent.

DonkeyBlog said...

Happy New Year, Mr Sternberg.

Here it is, Head Rush http://thisdonkey.blogspot.com/2007/01/head-rush.html Had a bit of fun and angst over this one, and the result may create a somewhat lively discussion around the dinner table at ours tonight.

I look forward to reading what everyone else comes up with.

Again, thanks.