Thursday, November 23, 2006

ASSIGNMENT: WRITING BADLY




It's time for the next assignment for anyone who feels up for it. Since you all did so well with the SEDUCTION theme, I thought I would give you something really bad. No..I mean really bad.

I want people to have a silly good time by writing 700 words or less beginning with the phrase: "The holidays were no fun for someone with holes in his pockets."
Then, proceed to write the worst bit of drecht that we've ever seen. Twist your metaphors, skew your similes, write the purplest of purple prose. Make my eyes bleed.

You know what needs to be done.

Then, when I've received all your links to all your postings, I will do what I did with SEDUCTION, make a posting with all the links so you can all bask in what will hopefully be the worst of the worst. Come on people...I know you want to be bad. Who doesn't?

Have fun.


oh..and if you want to check out a swinging spot for retro seventies gear, go to dressthatman.com. It's where that groovy pic came from.

11 comments:

Lori Witzel said...

Ewww!, she said, too full of pie to stomach that photo.

Hehehehe!, she giggled, at the thought of terse dreck.

Love what you've done with the place -- may all your template changes be happy ones, and hope you have a wonderful hoiday!

Lori Witzel said...

Yeek. I hate typos.

"Holiday," of course. Although "hoiday" sounds sort of agricultish.

Christina Rundle said...

lol, this is going to be fun. Thanks for including me. Avery has three journals and writes a little more often on the myspace blog. I'll pass on the message. I think Avery is working on a self made deadline. lol. Those can be murder.

Susan Miller said...

Woo Hoo, another assignment! Then...what? I'll try to figure out what to do with this one. You never cease to amaze me.

The site looks great, Stu. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jessica said...

Love your new blog look.

This assignment sounds a little difficult to me.

Pythia3 said...

I think I seen that guy before. hehe.
Yeah baby, count me in!
~L~

PS This is the TRUE test, isn't it Stu . . . if we don't know bad writing . . . we better suck, uh?

SQT said...

Sounds fun! So many mixed metaphors, so few words....

Crunchy Carpets said...

I will have to call up my old teen angst and see what i can come up with!

Love the new look!

The photo brings back memories. We used to hit 'Disco Night' at the Purple Onion for some right on groovy moves and be alll decked up in our 70's finest.

DonkeyBlog said...

Dear Mr Sternberg,

I've just read through this and the Seduction info again and I see that the assignments are meant for a select group of people. So, at this time, let me apologise for stumbling on in here in my size 12s and assuming a role that was not mine to assume!

Alas, I have had a go at a bit of bad writing, so here's the post all the same. http://thisdonkey.blogspot.com/2006/11/trouser-pocket-highjinx.html

Do with it as you will, thanks for the fun and thanks for dropping by earlier.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Donkey, everyone is always welcome to participate in any assignment.

Asara Dragoness said...

So.. I've had a go :) I hope you um.. er.. like it? Or hate it, whichever is better.
Asara Writing Badly