Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bye Bye




Wait. What's that sound? Why, it's the absence of raucous applause in the Bronx. Tell me it aint so, Joe. The Yankees, Steinbrenner's Frankenstein's Monster, a thing that should not be, made up of the most expensive parts from the rest of the league, has burned in the windmill. The creature screamed and vanished. Of course, we all know it's only until next year. In the off season the old man will once again go to work on his monster.

Until then, here's to the team of the hour: THE DETROIT TIGERS.

1 comment:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

I enjoyed the teapot story. Since I've been working nights, I have kind of lost track that the normal baseball season ended and the playoffs have started and, for some, already ended. Oddly, I recall the Dtroit Tigers of the 1960s a lot, Denny McLain the pitcher and, I don't know, maybe they were A White Sox rival in those days. Me, I'm a Cubs fan.