Monday, August 28, 2006

Screaming Through The Night

The Michigan Horror Writers group, which is a splinter from the now defunct Michigan chapter of Horror Writers of America (the people who give us the Bram Stoker awards) meets once a month in a Knights of Columbus house on Dequinder by Twelve Mile. Of course those of you outside Michigan will shrug and say "So?"

I mention this group here for those people who may be surfing...here is the link for their site: http://michiganhorror.com

If you live anywhere in the Detroit Metro area and have an interest in things horrific, you might want to drop by for the Halloween party being planned, which will begin with a community scavenger hunt. I'll post more on that later.

To be honest, I sort of steer clear of most of the social functions and fundraising activities the group puts together, and instead I focus on the writing activites. It is, after all, a writers' group.

1 comment:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Sid Williams turned me on to your blog, sir. I shall also inform Mike Fountain, a writer in Kalamazoo, to check out your site. If I do not attend World Fantasy Conventions, I attend Hallowe'en costume parties at the house of comic book painter Alex Ross. Pleased to read you.