Thursday, August 24, 2006

HOUSE OF STERNBERG




Writer, Editor, Proof-reader, Educator, and overall mench.


Stewart Sternberg is a Michigan author currently marketing three novels and several short stories. Married and a resident of the small town of Algonac he moves through life trying to live a simple and productive existence.

"I once sat on a porch and looked down the hill toward Lake Huron. It was one of those lazy summer nights and the fireflies flitted about. It occured to me how once those fireflies were taken by the imagination of others and confused with faeries. I realized I saw only fireflies and at that moment made a decision to rediscover the wonder that keeps us childlike without being childish. I decided to reach into my spirit and to search for faeries and the magick that makes warm summer nights and crisp autumn days so special.

3 comments:

William Jones said...

Your comments about finding the magic in fireflies reminds me of a few lines from Lovecraft's "From Beyond." A search for the mysterious we have forgotten and explained away:

We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. We shall see these things, and other things, which no breathing creature has yet seen. We shall overleap time, space, and dimensions, and without bodily motion, peer into the bottom of creation.

Anonymous said...

Super cute doggie (and daddy)

Jenika said...

I have a special love for Fireflies. How the hell do they glow like that? Perhaps that will be my google research word of the day.